Amanda-Users

host down?

2003-09-16 10:35:51
Subject: host down?
From: Marc Cuypers <mozilla AT mgvd DOT be>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:31:55 +0200
Hi,

I'm running Debian Woody, and I'd like to set up the backup with amanda (version 1:2.4.2p2-4). The machine will be used as a server with its own tape backup (DAT DDS3).
I'm new to amanda.  I installed it via aptget and tried to configure it.

amlabel works. When I run amcheck it tells me the host is down (I used the machine name of the server and 'localhost', both give host down) Do I have to configure the server as a client of amanda? How is this done? I looked at amanda.org and found nothing about client configuration (probably an oversight of mine :-) ).

Anybody an idea?

Marc.