Amanda-Users

postponing full backup

2003-09-13 03:19:54
Subject: postponing full backup
From: Martin Oehler <martin.oehler AT gmx DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 13 Sep 2003 09:15:39 +0200
Hi!

I'm running the standard strategy for backing up my partitions on
Amanda 2.4.4 . The next level 0 backup for a large partition
is scheduled on a workday during the next week. This backup run
takes about 14 hours, so I would prefer doing it on the weekend.

Is it possible to run this full backup earlier or later?

I tried amadmin force, but this had not the desired effect because
the normal backup cycle does not seem to care about my forced
full backup.

# amadmin Backup force xy z
amadmin: xy:/z is set to a forced level 0 at next run.
# amadmin Backup due xy z
Due in  4 days: xy:/z

Thanks in advance for your help,
Martin Öhler