Amanda-Users

Estimate timeouts and dumptype

2003-09-12 14:06:54
Subject: Estimate timeouts and dumptype
From: Jack Baty <jbaty AT fusionary DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:02:19 -0400
I believe I've my firewall issues resolved, so this is something new.

On one of the clients, I get an estimate timeout when using the dumptype comp-user-tar, but not with comp-user. Could this be simply a problem trying to do too much on the client or might it be something else? At some point I would like to create DLEs of partial file systems on that box, which AFAIK requires the use of tar rather than dump. (I haven't tried user-tar, but will if it might help)

Was there a question in there? :) I think the question is are there other causes of Estimate Timeout errors that are not network-related?

Thanks.

--
Jack Baty
Fusionary Media: http://www.fusionary.com/

"A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." -- Gian Vincenzo Gravina