Amanda-Users

host down message during amcheck

2003-09-10 23:17:58
Subject: host down message during amcheck
From: "Mariel Luciano" <mariel.luciano AT onsemi DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:19:53 +0800
Hello Support,

Good Day!

My SLES7 already have Amanda 2.4.2 installed. After all the editing,
when I run the command #amcheck archive(my config) the message below
appears:

amanda@ospi-gen2:/etc/amanda/archive > amcheck archive
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /amandafs: 1959348 KB disk space available, using 1959348
KB
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape Archive00 label ok
Server check took 3.666 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
WARNING: burner: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
WARNING: eowyn: selfcheck request timed out.  Host down?
Client check: 2 hosts checked in 30.006 seconds, 2 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2)

Any idea what should be the problem? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Best regards,

Mariel P. Luciano
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
On Semiconductor Philippines, Inc.
tel# (+632) 8083801 loc 114
mobile# (+63917) 5028182            http://www.onsemi.com

"There's more than one way to do it."

This message and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential and privileged.  If you received this message in error,
please delete it and notify me immediately.