Amanda-Users

Re: Overland Autoloaders?

2003-09-10 09:28:26
Subject: Re: Overland Autoloaders?
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: pll+amanda AT lanminds DOT com
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:25:39 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 at 11:50am, pll+amanda AT lanminds DOT com wrote

> It's been a while since I've used amanda, but I thought at one time,
> there was a list of drives and/or library/autoloaders known to work
> with amanda.  I've searched amanda.org, but couldn't find anything.

That's at FAQ-O-Matic (linked from the amanda home page, possibly down).
The thing to keep in mind, though, is that it's really your OS and other
tools (e.g. media changer (like mtx)) which drive compatibility.  Amanda,
when it comes down to it, is "just" a backup scheduler.

> Is there such a list, if so where?  If not, does anyone have anything
> good or bad to say about the Overland Storage PowerLoader?

I've got a Library Pro with an AIT3 drive which worked out of the box on
Linux with mtx, barcodes and all.  Amanda works quite nicely with it, and
I've had no problems with the unit.  Nice box.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering