Amanda-Users

AMANDA on OS X 10.2.x

2003-09-04 10:30:57
Subject: AMANDA on OS X 10.2.x
From: Pascal Robert <probert AT cesart DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:27:28 -0400
Hello,

we're currently using AMANDA for our Linux servers, but we also want to backup two Mac OS X 10.2.6 machines. I followed the instructions from :

http://web.brandeis.edu/pages/view/Bio/AmandaMacOSXCompileNotes

I can't apply the patch as explained in the second article, I assume that this patch was for 2.4.3 and I'm trying to install 2.4.4p1.

./configure don't complain a lot (it only says that it will not install amplot, which is ok). No matter what options I try with 'configure', I always get this error when I run 'make':

amanda.h:905: conflicting types for `initgroups'
/usr/include/unistd.h:175: previous declaration of `initgroups'
make[1]: *** [alloc.lo] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Info:

Mac OS X 10.2.6
July Developer Tools (gcc 3.1)
AMANDA 2.4.4p1

./configure --with-user=amanda --with-group=wheel --prefix=/usr/local --without-server --with-gnutar=/usr/local/bin/hfstar --host=powerpc-apple-darwin

(I tried with --host and with --host=powerpc-apple-osx, no difference, and yes I did run 'make clean' before running 'configure' and 'make' again)