Amanda-Users

hung client stopped whole backup

2003-09-02 09:43:07
Subject: hung client stopped whole backup
From: "Kurt Yoder" <kylist AT shcorp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 09:39:03 -0400 (EDT)
So last night/this morning a backup was supposed to happen for all
the servers. Unfortunately, one of the clients never sent results
back, and this hung the whole process. When I checked at 8:30, the
dump process was *still* waiting for this single host to deliver
estimates. The estimates were all started at 12:30 AM, 8 hours
earlier.

My etimeout is set to 3200 (I have a few extremely sluggish hosts)
and the host in question has 4 disks. So the amanda server *should*
have timed out this host after about 3.5 hours and continued with
the backups from the other hosts. Any ideas on why it didn't time
out as it should have?

--
Kurt Yoder
Sport & Health network administrator