Amanda-Users

Re: Does amanda need a shell?

2003-08-31 19:48:43
Subject: Re: Does amanda need a shell?
From: Stefan Keel <sakeel AT u.washington DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:41:35 -0700
Amanda does need its own user to operate.  You can create a new user, named
Amanda, and make the user a part of the 'disk' group.  This gives Amanda
permission to do its stuff.

There's good information here...

http://people.web.psi.ch/bearpark/mirror/frankenlinux.com/guides/amandaintro.html

...that discusses the Amanda user, and specific permissions that the Amanda
user needs to have in order to operate effectively, as well as a good deal of
additional advice.  You can also check the docs directory of the source for
more information.

--
Thanks,
Sak.