Amanda-Users

Re: How do I improve performance in Amanda?

2003-08-27 09:03:35
Subject: Re: How do I improve performance in Amanda?
From: Ashwin Bijur <abijur AT craft-tech DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:56:41 -0400
But we are using hardware compression.  A majority of the filesystem, however, is nfs mounted.  Will that slow down the backups?

Kurt Yoder wrote:
If you're using software/gzip compression, it slows it down below
the bandwidth of a 100 Mbps network.

Ashwin Bijur said:
Hello,

I am using amanda 2.4.4 and the amanda host (running RedHat 9) has a
gigabit connection to the network. Yet it seems to utilize only a
fraction of the available bandwidth. How do I force it to run at
100%
capacity? Here are the statistics from my last backup and below you
can
see my amanda.conf file. Thanks in advance.