Amanda-Users

Is this a valid disklist entry?

2003-08-24 12:08:21
Subject: Is this a valid disklist entry?
From: Robin WONG <rwong AT mrs.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 12:03:30 -0400 (EDT)
Hi

I am attempting to backup a huge windows partition found on a snap server
via a linux box.  At first, I smbmounted the share and backed it up via
this mount method.  But I noticed that whether it was doing a level 0 dump
or a level 1 dump, the dumpsize was no different.  It was always doing a
level 0 regardless.

So, I had a look in docs/SAMBA, and I am guessing smbmount doesn't take
into account the 'archive' bit.  But when I stat a file on the share, it
appears to return valid information, so I don't see why smbmounting
doesn't work.  Anyway...

Suffice it to say, I can't do a full dump of the snap server every
evening, so I've attempted to use smbclient.  However, the disklist entry
I used for smbmounted shares no longer works.  Amcheck fails with the
following:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/uz']
ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/qt']
ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/mp']
ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/il']
ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/eh']
ERROR: snazz: [Can't open disk '//snapserver/files']
ERROR: snazz: [No include for '/mnt/snap/ad']
Client check: 7 hosts checked in 2.099 seconds, 12 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)

Here is one of the modified disklist entries I've attempted to use to
backup the snap server:

snazz /mnt/snap/uz //snapserver/files {
        # all directories that start with [u-z]
        root-tar
        include "./[u-zU-Z]*"
        } 1

I am running Samba 2.2.3a on RH7.3 with gtar 1.13.25 and AMANDA 2.4.4

I can't tell what I am doing wrong...unless there is a disklist entry
limitation for samba shares...or exclude limitation of using tar over
samba.

thanks

god# sed -e 's/windows/unix/g' world.conf