Amanda-Users

Re: More on building 2.4.4p1 under Solaris 9 with native-built gcc-3.3

2003-08-24 03:18:13
Subject: Re: More on building 2.4.4p1 under Solaris 9 with native-built gcc-3.3
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
To: Jim Mozley <jim.mozley AT exponential-e DOT com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 13:37:18 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Jim Mozley wrote:

> > I used 'crle -l /usr/lib -l usr/local/lib' which sets the default ld.so
> > lib search path to include just those two locations.
>
> I also had a similar problem on Solaris 8. I had done compiles of amanda
> without this before so I assumed a consolidated solaris patch has "fixed"
> something and perhaps become a "feature" in version 9 ;-). I didn't need to
> do anything other than use crle to add /usr/local/bin to a search path.

Well I eventually got it to compile ok. There are a few other problems
such as amanda running on the tapehost not being able to pull in and
compress and disk partition data after an amount of time, but I think
that's not related to Amanda itself.

I'm fairly sure the problem is coming about because I'm using a single
DLT-7000 drive with 'chg-manual' as the changer. What's really wierd is
that Amanda is seeing the tape drive as a changer with 255 slots, despite
having amanda.conf set up to what I understand to be correct for using a
single drive with no changer hardware.

Craig.

--
     Email by Craig Dewick (tm). Home page at "lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick".
        "cdewick AT spam.lios.apana.org DOT au" or "cdewick AT spam.sunshack