Amanda-Users

Decommissioning

2003-08-19 18:46:35
Subject: Decommissioning
From: "David Olbersen" <DOlbersen AT stbernard DOT com>
To: "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:42:52 -0700
Hello all!

I'll be decommissioning a server this week and would like amanda to help me do
a final level 0 dump of everything on the machine.

Looking at amadmin I see that I can force a level 0 for that machine but I'd
like to use tapes specifically for this event, not part of my normal rotation.

Would it be easiest to create a new configuration with just this machine, a new
tape label (<Server>01, <Server>02, ...), and run amdump sometime after the
normal backups finish? Is there some easier/more effective way?

David Olbersen
iGuard Engineer
St. Bernard Software
11415 West Bernardo Court