Amanda-Users

Strange AMANDA header error

2003-08-15 10:23:38
Subject: Strange AMANDA header error
From: Pascal Robert <probert AT cesart DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 10:17:55 -0400
Hello there,

we installed AMANDA 2.4.4p1 on a RedHat Linux 8 system.  For now,
we're doing backups on the disk until we buy a DLT.
Everything was fine for 4 days until yesterday.  We have 14 "virtual"
tapes, and when it tried to use tape09, we get:

amcheck-server: strange amanda header: "AMANDA:"
amcheck-server: slot 9: not an amanda tape
ERROR: label Cesart09 or new tape not found in rack
     (expecting tape Cesart09 or a new tape)

We didn't have those errors until it tried to use this tape.

If I try to label this tape, I get:

$ amlabel Condig Cesart09 slot 9
amlabel: label Cesart09 already on a tape

Cesart09 is indeed in the tapelist file, and follow the labelstr regex
from amanda.conf, so I really don't why it's saying this.

Thanks.