Amanda-Users

Re: mail list

2003-08-12 23:24:43
Subject: Re: mail list
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:23:35 -0400
On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:57:53PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> 1 - This would sure be easier if I wasn't stuck in digest mode - my only
> choices are digest or no email (use web site)

> find listed amanda-users AT egroups DOT com as the posting message location -
> obviously doesn't work - any chance of changing that?
>
> 3 - when I click 'reply' on the digest email (see note 1 above), it
> addresses email responses to amanda-users AT egroups DOT com which of course
> doesn't work
>
> I would help with some questions if I can, hang around and learn things
> but it's hard with these obstacles...

On the mailing list page of the amanda.org website this paragraph is found.

        If you have problems with the mailing lists themselves
        (such as you receive a bounce message indicating that
        amanda-users doesn't exist) or some other problem
        where you suspect the lists are not functioning
        correctly, please contact  postmaster AT amanda DOT org
        NOTE: The Egroups/Yahoo mailing lists *DO NOT* accept
        email messages and you will get an error back
        indicating as much if you attempt to send mail.
        If you want to send out email asking for help,
        you MUST send it to the @amanda.org addresses.

Based on that I'd suggest sending mail to the postmaster and ask
to be switched from digest to individual mails.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)