Amanda-Users

Re: disk offline?

2003-08-12 15:52:32
Subject: Re: disk offline?
From: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
To: "LaValley, Brian E" <BLaValley AT ALLEGROMICRO DOT com>, "Amanda-Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:49:22 -0500
--On Tuesday, August 12, 2003 11:53:59 -0400 "LaValley, Brian E" <BLaValley AT
ALLEGROMICRO DOT com> wrote:

> I have not been able to backup anything on my local system.  AMANDA reports
> that it thinks the disk is offline.  Where should I start looking to find
> out what is wrong?

Make sure you're not trying to back up the raw device with tar.
su - to your backup user and see if you can acces the device.
Some (RedHat?) machines had problems mapping paths to device names
if the fstab used labels for partitions.

If none of those help, try posting your OS, Amanda version, disklist
and dumptype entry for the problem disk.

Frank