Amanda-Users

Re: Incremental Backups

2003-08-12 14:59:22
Subject: Re: Incremental Backups
From: "Aaron Wohl" <freebsd AT soith DOT com>
To: "Yogish" <yogish.gk AT ahsinc DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:54:31 -0600
If you really want to know for sure, make two conf files.  One always
full backup the other incremental.  Run the full when you want full and
incremental when you want that.  Thats what we do.  Amanda if left to
itself will manage the backups so as not use more tapes.  Amanda will
full some structures and incremental others to make it fit on a tape.

If you have large tapes and can do all full saves on one run then you can
manage it yourself with seperate conf files.