Amanda-Users

Re: Strange Errors during dump

2003-08-12 11:45:28
Subject: Re: Strange Errors during dump
From: "Martin Ebnöther" <mebnoether AT siconline DOT ch>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:41:17 +0200
Hi all.

After removing power from the drive for about two hours I could start
amflush and everything went fine. I don't suppose this is a heat problem
(even though we have unusual hot weather here in Switzerland at the
moment), because the tape-drive is in an air-conditioned computer-room
with an average 22°C.

I don't know, what could have caused the errors and why it's now
working again. Oh well, wait for the next backup-cycle on Friday night
and testing restore next week then.

CU, Martin

>>> "Martin Ebnöther" <mebnoether AT siconline DOT ch> 11.08 15:57 >>>
Dear List-Members

[SNIP]

I suppose this is a fault with the hardware? The errors occured with different
tapes
from the tapecycle so I believe it's the tape-drive.

Any hints or opinions from the gurus on this would be greatly appreciated. =:-)

CU, Martin