Amanda-Users

su amanda doesn't have permissions

2003-08-08 18:13:41
Subject: su amanda doesn't have permissions
From: "S. Keel" <sakeel AT u.washington DOT edu>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:09:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hopefully someone here can help...I've been working through the
Frankenlinux setup instructions along with the Using Amanda Chapter at
Backupcentral to setup my site, but have run into a problem when I try to
run...

su amanda -c "amlabel daily DailySet1-001" ...as root

bash reports that it cannot find 'amlabel'

'amlabel' is installed into /usr/local/sbin, so I went ahead and added
that path to my amanda user's $PATH environment variable, but it still
doesn't work.  I'm hesitant to make changes to ENV_PATH and ENV_SUPATH in
/etc/login.defs becuase I don't want every user to have elevated
privileges.

Does anyone have a suggestion.

Thanks,
Stefan