Amanda-Users

Disaster recovery.

2003-08-08 14:02:44
Subject: Disaster recovery.
From: "Ean Kingston" <ean_kingston AT kanetix DOT com>
To: "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 14:00:02 -0400
I've been starting to work on a DRP plan here and I've run into a bit of a
catch-22.

If the amanda index (and tape in my case) server is lost and all I have left is
the tapes. How do I rebuild new index files for my tapes so that I can restore?
I can't just restore the last set of index files from the most recent backup
because they would reflect the state of the tapes from one day earlier
(wouldn't they?).

I can't find a tool that I can feed the collection of tapes so that it will
rebuild the index files. Is there such a thing.

----
Ean Kingston (ean_kingston AT kanetix DOT com)
Analyst
Kanetix Ltd. (www.kanetix.com)
Phone: (416) 599-9779 x216