Amanda-Users

two tape drive .conf question

2003-08-07 10:06:30
Subject: two tape drive .conf question
From: "Dalton, John L MONMOUTH ITS Multimax" <john.l.dalton AT us.army DOT mil>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 10:01:59 -0400

I have a question on using a two tape drive library
jukebox.

How do I get amanda to use the second tape
drive in the jukebox. IT always uses nst0 and
and not nst1.....

Do I ref it on the command line?

I am not sure if I have to make a second .conf file?

Here is my config file:

-----------------------------------
number_configs  2
eject           1       # Tapedrives need an eject command
sleep           20      # Seconds to wait until the tape gets ready
cleanmax        100     # How many times could a cleaning tape get used
changerdev      /dev/sg2
#
# Next comes the data for drive 0
#
config          0
drivenum        0
dev             /dev/nst0  #/dev/nst0
startuse        0       # The slots associated with the drive 0
enduse          13 #29          #
statfile        /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape0-slot  # The file where the
actual slot is stored
cleancart       3       # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0
is located
cleanfile       /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape0-clean # The file where the
cleanings are recorded
usagecount      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/totaltime
tapestatus      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapestatus # here will some status
infos be stored
#labelfile      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/labelfile # Use this if you have an
barcode reader

# Next comes the data for drive 1
#
config          1
drivenum        1
dev             /dev/nst1
#scsitapedev    /dev/sg1
startuse        14      # The slots associated with the drive 1
enduse          21      #
statfile        /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-slot  # The file where the
actual slot is stored
#cleancart      20      # the slot where the cleaningcartridge for drive 0
is located
cleanfile       /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tape1-clean # The file where the
cleanings are recorded
usagecount      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/totaltime1
tapestatus      /etc/amanda/DailySet1/tapestatus1 # here will some status