Amanda-Users

Re: Permission Problem.

2003-08-05 03:15:45
Subject: Re: Permission Problem.
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "rehanann" <rehanann AT kfupm.edu DOT sa>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 03:10:33 -0400
On Tuesday 05 August 2003 02:04, rehanann wrote:
>In Red hat 8 amanda 2.4.2p1 is already installed with Amanda user I
> have only problem with permission on the tape device.
>Amanda cannot dump with root login when I SU to Amanda and try
> amdump it gives me permission denied error after checking amcheck.
>Also with sudo it will not work because any thing with UID 0 its not
>configure.
>
>Regards,

Does your ls -l of /dev/nst0 look like this?
crw-rw----    1 root     disk       9, 128 Aug 30  2002 /dev/nst0

And is your 'amanda' user a member of group 'disk'?

If not, then make them so.

Amanda does it own suid when it needs to, and will not allow root to
execute those parts of it that don't need root permissions.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: