Amanda-Users

More on Host Question on tape advancment (answer?)

2003-08-04 14:18:25
Subject: More on Host Question on tape advancment (answer?)
From: "Bruntel, Mitchell L, SOLCM" <mbruntel AT att DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:13:32 -0500
Question:  Did  i a message right before  that said
changer: got exit: 0 str: 40 81 1 0
that this string stood for "Current drive, max # slots, first slot, ***CAN
DRIVE go backwards ***??

That would explain this behavior I think, but I didnt see it in chg-scsi.conf

Mitch
amcheck: debug 1 pid 13444 ruid 107 euid 0: start at Mon Aug  4 14:05:18 2003
amcheck: dgram_bind: socket bound to 0.0.0.0.738
changer: got exit: 0 str: 40 81 1 0
changer_query: changer return was 81 1 0
changer_query: searchable = 0
changer_find: looking for NULL changer is searchable = 0
changer: got exit: 0 str: 40 /dev/rmt/1bn
changer: got exit: 2 str: 41 slot 41 move failed
amcheck: spawning /usr/ucb/Mail in pipeline
amcheck: argument list: /usr/ucb/Mail -s "DailySet1 AMANDA PROBLEM: FIX BEFORE
RUN, IF POSSIBLE" mbruntel
amcheck: pid 13444 finish time Mon Aug  4 14:06:01 2003
~
~