Amanda-Users

Re: Help I can't do amlabel

2003-07-31 10:17:35
Subject: Re: Help I can't do amlabel
From: Roger Koot <roger AT solidair DOT nl>
To: Marcelo Block Teixeira <cpd AT cadservice.com DOT br>
Date: 31 Jul 2003 16:14:43 +0200
as you can see in your mail, amanda requires the non-rewinding
tapedevice. /dev/st0 is a REWINDING tape device
use /dev/nst0 instead, that's the non-rewinding tape device.
so, to check, use 'mt -f /dev/nst0 status'
also, be *sure* you have /dev/nst0 as tape device in your amanda config.
btw. if your tapedrive is an ATA device (IDE) then you should use
/dev/nht0 as non-rewinding tape device. (yes /dev/ht0 is the rewinding
ide tape device)

I hope this'll help you out.

roger

--