Amanda-Users

Re: Backup Server will not back itself up.

2003-07-28 23:20:01
Subject: Re: Backup Server will not back itself up.
From: Stephen Carville <carville AT cpl DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:17:20 -0700
On Monday July 28 2003 12:27 am, you wrote:
> Stephen Carville wrote:
> > About a week ago, my backup server stopped backing itself up:

> > GNUTAR //snap01/development 0 1970:1:1:0:0:0 -1
> > exclude-file=Temporary\ \(Not\ Backed\ Up\!\)
>
> Exclude/Include list with spaces in the names do
> not work (yet).  I have a (very ugly!) patch if urgent.
> But the good fix is much more difficult.

That was/is the problem.  I had the same problem with spaces in file
names a while back and I thought escaping them with a backslash fixed
it.  Next I'm going to try:

exclude = "Temorary??Not?Backed?Up??"

--
Stephen Carville http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt
Mom & Pop were just a couple of kids when they got married. He was