Amanda-Users

AW: Problems with amflush

2003-07-24 01:47:29
Subject: AW: Problems with amflush
From: Jörn Rübel <JRuebel AT itprotect DOT de>
To: "Jon LaBadie" <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 07:44:23 +0200
Hi John,

my holdingdisk contains the files i want to backup.

>    Maybe it is just an empty, dated directory, and even if you
>    use a tape that amanda wants, it will "waste" that tape usage
>    by thinking it used it but have nothing to write to the tape.
>
> 2) Amanda wants to use tape 01, you want it to use 02.
>    Do you only have 2 tapes in circulation?

No, there are 5 tapes for one week (monday-friday, no backup on saturday and
sunday)

>    If you really want to destroy what is on tape 02 and its
>    various index files and use it immediately, try doing a two
>    step series, first "amrmtape" the tape which will remove it
>    and what is on it from amanda's records, then "amlabel -f"
>    the tape again.  Then amanda will accept it as a new tape.

This works fine. But today i got another problem: after amflush amanda expects
the tape 01 for monday and not 04 for thursday. How can i fix this?

Thanks for your help.

> --
> Jon H. LaBadie                  jon AT jgcomp DOT com
>  JG Computing
>  4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
>  Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)

Regards

Jörn