Amanda-Users

R: Win 2000?

2003-07-18 20:58:38
Subject: R: Win 2000?
From: "Creator" <creator AT mindcreations DOT com>
To: "'Steven J. Backus'" <backus AT math.utah DOT edu>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:53:37 +0200
If you can use the RegCopy utility outside Retrospect you can dump the
registry to disk before the amanda schedule and then wait for amanda to pass
and backup it with the other files.
If you cannot use RegCopy, use the builtin Windows backup tool to make a
"System state backup" on disk.

I've never used amanda to do a bare metal recovery or something similar. I
think that at the moment Amanda is not reliable enough to perform a bare
metal restore on a Windows machine.