Amanda-Users

Copying index records

2003-07-14 12:07:46
Subject: Copying index records
From: Niall O Broin <niall AT makalumedia DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:04:54 +0100
We're happily using Amanda with a bunch of IDE disks giving us about 3 months
worth of backups. But now the boss has taken a notion to do monthly archive
backups of certain filesystems too. That's OK - I've a DDS3 in the backup
box, and that should be just big enough to backup what I need to archive, and
setting up a config for level 0 only should be OK - already do that for our
offsite backups.

BUT i would like, if it's not TOO troublesome, to be able to archive the files
which I currently have in the regular rotation. So I'd take the backup files
which are on the disks and put them on tape, and put the index records from
the daily config into the archive config. But how do I do that, or is there
any reasonable way ? I thought  amadmin import/export might be what I wanted,
but that's only the curinfo records.

All thoughts welcome,

Niall