Amanda-Users

Re: How to change the Mail From on Amanda.

2003-07-08 14:11:53
Subject: Re: How to change the Mail From on Amanda.
From: bao <bao AT gibbons DOT com>
To: Elcio Mello <emello AT conectiva.com DOT br>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 10:51:33 -0700
I believe it has nothing to do with Amanda. It is the mail server that is complaining.

I just finished re-configuring a new server. The old one had the correct mail rules so it didn't complain. The new one does not, and it gave me complaints similar to what you are receiving.

What I should do is configure sendmail rulesets on the Amanda server to use server.domain.com, rather than localhost, but I was lazy, so I just copied the sendmail.cf from the old machine over.

Second suggestion is to try FQDN instead.

Elcio Mello wrote:

Hi,

I have had some problems with the mail server destination, it dont acept mail from a no qualified domain (Amanda use the local domain with its from). I would like to know how can I chage the completely mail from( user and domain) in amanda.

-- Data --
SO: Conectiva Linux 8.2
Amanda: version 2.41

Thanks and regards,