Amanda-Users

Re: Compression and X

2003-07-03 22:13:48
Subject: Re: Compression and X
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Steven J. Backus" <backus AT math.utah DOT edu>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 22:11:19 -0400
On Thursday 03 July 2003 21:03, Steven J. Backus wrote:
>The only compression option I can see on my mt is defcompression,
>so to turn it off is:
>
>/bin/mt -f <device> defcompression 0
>
>correct?
>
>Also, when I built amanda I did:
>
>--enable-FEATURE=x
>
>'cuz I thought there's some sort of X interface to amanda.  Now I'm
>not so sure.  What is this x thing?
>
>Thanks,
>  Steve
>From the ./configure --help screen:
---------------
Optional Features:
  --disable-FEATURE       do not include FEATURE (same as --enable-FEATURE=no)
  --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]  include FEATURE [ARG=yes]
  --disable-dependency-tracking Speeds up one-time builds
  --enable-dependency-tracking  Do not reject slow dependency extractors
  --enable-shared=PKGS  build shared libraries default=yes
  --enable-static=PKGS  build static libraries default=yes
  --enable-fast-install=PKGS  optimize for fast installation default=yes
  --disable-libtool-lock  avoid locking (might break parallel builds)
AFAIK there is no 'x' option.  And amanda does not have a
GUI of any kind that I'm aware of.  Its basic design is to
run autonomously, with as little human input as possible
once configured and settled into a schedule she will write
on the fly.

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M
by Gene Heskett are: