Amanda-Users

howto decide full vs. incremental ???

2003-07-02 23:21:27
Subject: howto decide full vs. incremental ???
From: "Michael D. Schleif" <mds AT helices DOT org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 22:18:50 -0500
Thank you, all of you, for your help -- I have a working amanda!

Now, I am trying to understand amanda's built-in backup strategy.  How
can I know when `disk' will be backed up full or incremental?

I do not have a changer, and I have more data across all disks than
single tape capacity.  Therefore, I want to stagger full backups, such
that on any given tape, only one (1) system is full backup and all
others are incremental backups.

I have scoured amanda(8), and learned alot; but, I do not find this
information there.  Please, kindly point me to the right point in TFM,
and I can read . . .

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,