Amanda-Users

Re: [newbie] backup only 2 or 3 type of files

2003-07-02 06:11:18
Subject: Re: [newbie] backup only 2 or 3 type of files
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: netman.qos AT free DOT fr
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 12:07:41 +0200
netman.qos AT free DOT fr wrote:
Sorry for my (very) poor language

  :-)  no you're making the language richer, just as me :-)

I want backup only .xml .pl .pm and .tgz in one directory and his sub dir.
Unfortunatly, i have big difficult to read documentation.
Can you help me, with a little example ?

Your problem is not "directly" supported by amanda, but there is
a workaround with the "include list" directive of a dumptype,
together with a little script that fills that file.

Suppose the directory you want in on client MyClient and is named
/my/project.
On that client we run a program (quick draft, untested):

        #!/bin/sh
        cd /my/project
        find . -xdev \(  \
                -name '*.xml' \
            -o  -name '*.pl' \
            -o  -name '*.pm' \
            -o  -name '*.tgz" \
            \)  -print > amanda-include-only

In amanda we use the following disklist entry:

        MyClient    /my/project {
                user-tar
                include list "amanda-include-only"
                }

You can schedule the program that creates the include list a few
minutes before the backup begins, or, better yet, use a wrapper round
gnutar that create the list on the fly, and then runs the real gnutar.