Amanda-Users

Re: Can't find my robot

2003-07-01 17:49:11
Subject: Re: Can't find my robot
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: "Steven J. Backus" <backus AT math.utah DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:45:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 at 3:14pm, Steven J. Backus wrote

> I've got a VXA autoloader and I'm using linux, I set the drive for
> SCSI id 4 and the robot for 5.  Then dmesg says:
>
> Attached scsi tape st0 at scsi1, channel 0, id 4, lun 0
>
> from reading the archives of this list I should see something like:
>
> Attached scsi generic sg1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0
>
> But I get nada, can you give me any pointers?

You won't get that until you load the sg module, which won't happen until
you try to access it.  Point mtx at sg1 and see what happens.

Also, make sure your SCSI card is seeing the robot:

cat /proc/scsi/scsi

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering