Amanda-Users

Re: TAPE ERROR No space left on device

2003-07-01 15:18:46
Subject: Re: TAPE ERROR No space left on device
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 15:14:50 -0400
On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 11:35:03AM -0700, Paul English wrote:

> I've been getting the following error every night for a week. The FAQ is
> down so the question goes to the list.
>
> These dumps were to tape Daily-00.
> *** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [[writing file: No space left on device]].
> Some dumps may have been left in the holding disk.
            ^^^^^^^^^^
The operative phrase.  It doesn't check.

> Run amflush to flush them to tape.
> The next tape Amanda expects to use is: Daily-01.
>

> Even though I get this error, there are no dumps to flush to tape. Why
> would that be? Does this just mean that I'm getting "very close" to
> filling up my tape every night, but not quite?

Maybe everything from the holding disk was taped and what was left
was, for whatever reasons, going directly to the tape drive bypassing
the holding disk.  Did you have a DLE that failed.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)