Amanda-Users

Re: Backup size doubled

2003-06-25 11:53:14
Subject: Re: Backup size doubled
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Internet Support <help AT compmore DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:46:49 +0200
Internet Support wrote:
I am running Amanda 2.4.3 on Freebsd with a single Seagate DAT drive
On a full backup of my /usr directory which df shows the size used
as being 4 gb  I am using nocomp because the client and the server are the
same box.
Amanda for some reason is backing up 8 gb
What's going on? Please help!

We need much more information than that.  Excerpts from reports
and debug files would help more.

("nocomp" has nothing to do with the client and server being
the same; it has to do with amount of data, or with hardware
compression settings on tape vs software compression.)