Amanda-Users

Re: Backup plan needs advice.

2003-06-24 13:37:29
Subject: Re: Backup plan needs advice.
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 13:33:53 -0400
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 10:12:01AM -0700, bao wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> I forgot to state that this is a tapeless setup to back up to disk. Then
> the full backup will be transferred to tape,
> and also is kept on disk for one week.
>

> I am _not_ letting Amanda schedule as to when to do a full backup, as is
> recommended. What I want
> (actually, my boss) is to force it to run a full every Monday, then a
> level 1 every other day for the rest of
> the week, according to the most recent Monday.
>
> I hope the above helps clarify it.

I'm not familiar with the various "strategy" and other related options,
but can you set a strategy that always does a "no-full" or "only-incremental"
AND can also be forced with amadmin to do full dumps on demand?

If yes, perhaps you can use just a single configuration.  The incremental only
strategy would only cause incrementals daily except the one following your
forced "amadmin full"  Then dump that "file tape" to real tape.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)