Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda -- seems to be running forever

2003-06-12 16:55:36
Subject: Re: Amanda -- seems to be running forever
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Michael Packer <pac AT stingrayboats DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:38:29 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 at 3:19pm, Michael Packer wrote

> I've got about 28Gig used.  It was taking about 4.5 hours before it started
> to write to tape and about 3.5 hours to write to tape.  I'm trying to dump

So I'm assuming that the server itself is the only client?  What does the
disklist look like?

> hours, but I'd rather use amanda (like I am on the other servers) ... if i
> can get it to a "better" time usage and without overloading the machine.  It
> is currently running the load up to around 4.   I'd appreciate any ideas on
> settings I may have incorrect.
>
> Here are some of my conf settings:
>
> inparallel 2

Won't affect you if you only have one client.

> dumporder  "sssS"
> netusage 1500Kbps
> dumpcycle 1 day
> runspercycle 5

You run amanda 5 times per day?

You may see less load and overall better speed by not using a holding
disk.  Run 'amplot' to see where amanda is spending all its time.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering