Amanda-Users

Re: problems using amanda with xinetd

2003-06-11 11:54:55
Subject: Re: problems using amanda with xinetd
From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix AT structbio.vanderbilt DOT edu>
To: Mike Eldridge <diz AT hiphopanonymous DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:53:09 -0500
On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:53:57AM -0500, Mike Eldridge wrote:

> they don't *have* 14 tapes.  i suppose i'll just have to change
> dumpcycle to 0 and run it weekly.  i'll convince them to purchase at
> *least* one additional tape, if not the 14 needed for the cycle.

Mike,

Since I know the folks you are doing this for personally, you are
welcome to tell the President of the company that *I* think he's a fool
if he won't pony up for enough tapes to protect his data and that in
that case he probably deserves what he gets.  ;-)

Brandon D. Valentine
--
Systems Administrator
Center for Structural Biology