Amanda-Users

errors still

2003-06-10 03:03:34
Subject: errors still
From: "Joseph Sirucka" <Joseph.Sirucka AT team.telstra.com DOT au>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:56:24 +1000
Hi All

I have recently installed two amanda backup servers.

One is a redhat 8 server with a six stacker dds 3 autoloader, and a debian unit with a single dds3 unit.

I compiled amanda on both servers. They both have the same permissions and user privilages.

The redhat server seems to be able to back itself and other servers up other than the second backup server.

The debian unit does not seem to want to back it self up (it was only designed for backing itself up).

In the /tmp/amanda the debug files show no errors and are the same amoung the two servers. THe debian server passes the amcheck but fails during the amdump.

My error I get from the debian server is

olbs2 /usr lev 0 FAILED [disk /usr offline on olbs2]

and the two errors amongst the redhat box is

planner: ERROR olbgeNAK: amandad busy
olbgen /export/home RESULT MISSING

I have looked upon the faq-o-matic with help from them

regards

Joseph