Amanda-Users

strange error NT server backup to disk NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND

2003-06-06 01:48:55
Subject: strange error NT server backup to disk NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND
From: shaun feeley <shaun.feeley AT cytopia.com DOT au>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:46:52 +1000
hi guys,
wondering if anyone has an idea whats going on here.

im backing up an NT server ip 192.168.1.10 from my amanda setup on william.(to
disk not tape)
now the backup appears to be working ie.. despite reams of strange results i am able to recover random files from my nightly backup. however i really want to work out whats going on here. the last line NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND opening remote file /blah/blah..... (where /blah/blah is the file in question) is repeated for a great deal of files (i printed 25 pages from last nights report), below is a copy of the error in question.

thanks for any help,  one day ill get my head around this program and return
the favour i hope

shaun

FAILED AND STRANGE DUMP DETAILS:

/-- william    //192.168.1.10/usershared lev 1 STRANGE
sendbackup: start [william://192.168.1.10/usershared level 1]
sendbackup: info BACKUP=/usr/bin/smbclient
sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/gzip -dc |/usr/bin/smbclient -f... -
sendbackup: info COMPRESS_SUFFIX=.gz
sendbackup: info end
| session request to 192.168.1.10 failed (Called name not present)
| session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)
? NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND opening remote file /blah/blah.....
etc
etc

--

shaun feeley cytopia pty ltd 5th floor, baker institute tel (+613) 9522 6940 melbourne vic 3004 fax (+613) 9510 9291 australia web www.cytopia.com.au The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and erase all copies
of the message and attachments.