Amanda-Users

Problems to run 'amrecover' - Again

2003-06-02 07:22:03
Subject: Problems to run 'amrecover' - Again
From: "Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA)" <rsa AT iesam.com DOT br>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 08:22:04 -0300
Hi,

      After use the suggestion, it worked but, there are still some
problems:

        I used the line:

           amrecover Daily1 -s localhost

      But, some erros occured:

            501 No index record for host: server1.mydomain. Invalid?
             Trying Server1.mydomain ...
            501 No index record for host: Server1.mydomain. Invalid?

     After that, the prompt appeared, I did 'ls' and the 'amrecover'
returned
 me 'Must select a disk before listing file'.  After sethost (sethost
 client1) and setdisk (setdisk hdb1 /usr), I could see the directory tree
 from the backup. I add a file and tried to extract it but, some errors
 appeared:

           Load tape XYZ01 now
           Continue? [Y/n]
           EOF, check amdxtaped.debug file on localhost.
           amrecover: short block 0 bytes
           UNKNOWN file
           amrecover: Can't read file header
           extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
           Continue?[Y/n]

        I Can't recovery the file :///. What's hapenned ?

                 Thanks,

           Roberto Samarone Araujo