Amanda-Users

Problems to run 'amrecover' - Again

2003-05-30 16:49:57
Subject: Problems to run 'amrecover' - Again
From: "Roberto Samarone Araujo (RSA)" <rsa AT iesam.com DOT br>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:48:48 -0300
Hi,

     After use the suggestion, it worked but, there are still some problems:

       I used the line:

          amrecover Daily1 -s localhost

     But, some erros occured:

           501 No index record for host: server1.mydomain. Invalid?
            Trying Server1.mydomain ...
           501 No index record for host: Server1.mydomain. Invalid?

    After that, the prompt appeared, I did 'ls' and the 'amrecover' returned
me 'Must select a disk before listing file'.  After sethost (sethost
client1) and setdisk (setdisk hdb1 /usr), I could see the directory tree
from the backup. I add a file and tried to extract it but, some errors
appeared:

          Load tape XYZ01 now
          Continue? [Y/n]
          EOF, check amdxtaped.debug file on localhost.
          amrecover: short block 0 bytes
          UNKNOWN file
          amrecover: Can't read file header
          extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
          Continue?[Y/n]

       I Can't recovery the file :///. What's hapenned ?

                Thanks,

          Roberto Samarone Araúo