Amanda-Users

Re: 2.4.4 build/make problem - resolved

2003-05-30 14:18:28
Subject: Re: 2.4.4 build/make problem - resolved
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>, gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net, john.allen AT noaa DOT gov, jon AT jgcomp DOT com, Ivan Auger <ivan AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:14:55 -0400 (EDT)
John,
Jon,
Gene,
Ivan,

Just a quick Thank You.

I've successfully run the new amanda build, 2.4.4 on my firewall
using the resticted ports to backup the 2nd client. Client and
server are both Solaris, drive is SDLT.

The problems I encounted where
 1) the error in the changer-src/Makefile (next time I'll use the
    snapshots rather than the current "release version")
 2) inability to find the run-time libraries I needed (it should
    have been a LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue, it wasn't, the libraries
    where in /usr/local/lib and I needed to copy them to the server
    and client from the build system).
 3) I had a syntax error when overwriding the CC choices. We lack
    GNU CC on many of our systems and wanted to use the Solaris CC
    compiler.
       # setenv CC cc
       # setenv CFLAGS "-fast -xarch=v8plusa"
 4) lack of /sh/bash on client system, # make wouldn't run without
    having some shell it could use. Fix I used was # ln -s /bin/sh /bin/bash

Not counting whatever my firewall expert did.

                                                thanks all,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org