Amanda-Users

Re: Redhat 9?

2003-05-29 15:02:30
Subject: Re: Redhat 9?
From: les <les AT futuresource DOT com>
To: gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net
Date: 29 May 2003 14:00:34 -0500
On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 14:58, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 May 2003 13:29, Les Mikesell wrote:
> >I posted a couple of messages about amflush hanging after
> >installing the libc/kernel updates to RedHat 9.  Now it
> >appears that the updates weren't involved.

> Les, if you've got some older binary rpms hanging around, there may
> be some version disagreements.  Excise them.

Thanks, but the last instance was after a fresh install of RH9
and no subsequent updates.  It looks like something randomly
triggers the amflush problem which appears to be some sort of
IPC hangup or race condition among the components. Installing
2.4.4 fixed it.  If the RedHat RPM maintainer is listening, please
upgrade the version in the distribution.

---
    Les Mikesell
     les AT futuresource DOT com