Amanda-Users

disklist-builder.pl

2003-05-29 09:54:39
Subject: disklist-builder.pl
From: Leonid Mamchenkov <f.l.amanda-users AT news.francoudi DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 13:52:19 +0000 (UTC)
Dear All,

<Disclaimer>
I figured if I needed it, maybe someone else will find it helpful. :)
</Disclaimer>

I am using Amanda to backup a large number of hosts, with large number
of disks.  Some hosts are similar, some are different.  Keeping the
disklist file in proper condition was getting harder and harder.  That
pushed me to write the script - disklist-builder.pl (please find
attached).

The idea is to define a list of hosts with corresponding templates,
define templates, and then generate the disklist file painlessly.  You
can run "perldoc disklist-builder.pl" for all documentation that is
available and for the example usage.

All comments and feedback are appreciated.

--
Best regards,
  Leonid Mamtchenkov, RHCE