Amanda-Users

tape order, how to fix manually?

2003-05-28 23:04:38
Subject: tape order, how to fix manually?
From: Benjamin Ash <bash AT twignation DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 20:59:39 -0600
Hi,

I recently added 10 new tapes for a total of 30 in my amanda cycle, but when I was labelling them amanda was not changing to the correct slot, as a consequence some tapes were labeled more than once since I used the force option.

Later I went back and re-labeled them 21-30, manually changing them in the DLT loader.

Now amanda wants to go from tape 6 to tape 21, skipping all the tapes in between. Is there any way to actually fix this, or should I just relabel and start again, if I relabel will it destroy the dumps which exist on the tape?

Cheers,

-ben