Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx help !

2003-05-28 09:19:34
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx help !
From: Roland Schützner <roli AT ains DOT at>
To: Manjit Notay <Manjit.Notay AT ebookers DOT com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 15:16:20 +0200
Hi!

Manjit Notay wrote:
> Hi all
> I have successfully managed to install amanda and mtx on a solaris 8 system.
> i can use mtx to manipulate my overland 10 tape autochanger, but whenever
> i run ./chg-zd-mtx -info i get the response,
>
> chg-zd-mtx: test: argument expected
>
> please can someone shed some light.

Well, my solaris days were some years ago, but a LOT of the standard
tools doesn't work "as expected".
But I had also some small issues on linux recently with the chg-zd-mtx
shell script, that is, ALL parameters had to be set in the
chg-zd-mtx.conf. Leaving some values commented out to simply let the
script take its default values led to trouble.

What I do in such situations (concerning shell scripts) is to set
debugging on:

insert "set -x" into the script at the point where U want to start
debugging, i.e. right below the #!/bin/sh in chg-zd-mtx.

If U can't find a quick solution, maybe trying bash is an option?

hope that helps a bit

Cheers,

-roli

--