Amanda-Users

AMANDA Survey Results - 0 of 6 - Introduction

2003-05-23 14:52:47
Subject: AMANDA Survey Results - 0 of 6 - Introduction
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 13:45:17 -0400
AMANDA (Advanced Maryland Automatic Network Disk Archiver) is a backup system
freely available available in source form.  For more information about AMANDA
visit the website http://www.amanda.org.

Readers of the "amanda-users" mailing list (approximately 1100 subscribers)
were asked in April of 2003 to describe their use of the backup system by
filling out a survey questionnaire that was posted to the mailing list weekly.
Seventy two (72) surveys were submitted during the month-long collection period.

In several postings that follow, I will report summaries of the collected data.
In some cases I've included comments (Surveyor's Notes) of my own reaction to
the data.

Later, I plan to recast these results in the form of questions and answers
to add to the FOM (FAQ-O-Matic) at amanda.org.  Should you have any thoughts
on this please let me know via the list or personal email.

Jon LaBadie
 jon AT jgcomp DOT com

[Surveyor's Note]  While the number of submitted surveys neither surprised me,
nor disappointed me, what did greatly disappoint me personally was this fact:
Of the twenty five (25) individuals most active on the list (based on number
of postings for 12 months), only seven (7) bothered to respond to the survey.