Amanda-Users

jukebox - request

2003-05-05 10:28:55
Subject: jukebox - request
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, Chris Knight <knight AT sodor.wadsworth DOT org>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 10:23:55 -0400 (EDT)
Request: Amdump/amflush enhancement.

Reference:
Solaris 9, Amanda 2.4.4, dual SUN StorEdge 9 (HP something jukebox),
LTO tape drives (one per jukebox).

Background:
Jukebox (on the Right/Remote) runs a tape pool for all remote
(clients != server) partitions that we backup.

Our other jukebox (Left/Local) backups of the local (client == server)
patitions.

The two amanda jobs run concurrently.

I know its not the best idea in the world but it works surprisingly
well. What we'd really like to do is write to  both jukeboxes
concurrently from a single amanda config so that  we have concurrency
of drive access.

We also runs a 3rd amanda config on the weekend, which is used to
do a level 0 on all partitions (both local and remote).

My request is this, since we pull (archive offsite) the tape
(ultimately tapes) used when we run the weekend/level-0 job,
it would be helpful if amdump/amflush where to report the SLOT(S)
of the tapes used in addition to the label and other information
already provided.

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cuttler AT wadsworth DOT org