Amanda-Users

Re: Mailreport debugging

2003-03-31 11:32:50
Subject: Re: Mailreport debugging
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 10:14:16 -0500
On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 03:39:04PM +0200, Mats Blomstrand wrote:
> > In amanda.conf, set "mailto" to "my.name@site" ...
>
> Yes, i know about that option. But that is not the problem that i have.
> Sorry for being inprecise.
>
> I would like to tell amanda to disguise as a valid user, ie myself.
> Is there any options that i can give to amanda so it uses these headers
>
>       To: my.name@site
>       From: my.name@site
>
> instead of
>
>       To: my.name@site
>       From: amanda@localhost

I thought that was what you meant but was surprised.
I don't know of any way to :) lie about who amanda is.

What if you login as amanda on the tapehost.
Can you send mail to users local to the tapehost?
Can you send mail to users on other systems?
If logged in as another user, not amanda, can mail be sent?

> Or should i try to fiddling with sendmail on tapeserver (ie, localhost)?
> (I dont have access to the central mailserver and im forced to use it)
>
> Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Sendmail configuration would be my guess.  Maybe the combination of
the Cw and Dj parameters must be adjusted.  I never see mail from
"localhost" even if sent to myself.  Perhaps it is because I have
set my sendmail to "masquerade" as just the domain, hiding the
specific system hostname.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)