Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover without /var/log/amanda*

2003-03-26 10:51:50
Subject: Re: amrecover without /var/log/amanda*
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Nicki Messerschmidt <amanda-u AT alienn DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:29:54 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 at 2:55pm, Nicki Messerschmidt wrote

> I just upgraded amanda 2.4.2p2 to amanda 2.4.4 and then I started some
> testing. Backup was no problem, but I'm not able to do any recovery
> using amrecover, because it states that it cannont find any indices for
> the selected host. After some testing I pinned the problem to my lost
> /var/log/amanda/$config dir...
> Is there any possibility to continue using my old
> /var/lib/amanda/$config/index files without this logdir?

I'm a little confused as to what exactly happened.  Was your 2.4.2p2
install using /var/log/amanda/$config as the logdir and
/var/lib/amanda/$config/index as the indexdir?  And then /var/log/amanda
got erased?

If that's the case, I think you're out of luck.  I believe that amrecover
needs the logfiles to locate the proper indices and/or tapes.  You can
still look at 'em by hand, though.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering